Week 5 - "Sick as a dog!"

{December 31-January 2nd} - The expression, "sick as a dog" is commonly used in the South to depict feeling very ill.  Well, during this bit of time, I spent about as much time on the floor as my actual dog does! :o(

*Speaking of dogs, here's our six-year-old Isis, our first hairy child!*


Unfortunately, the symptoms of morning sickness resulted in the lack of being able to keep food or liquids down.  In turn, the result of not eating or drinking sent me to the doctor's office for a full day of receiving bags (almost 3!) of IV and a shot of nausea treatment in the bum. (Pleasant, right?!)

After hours of treatment, I felt like a new person!  Energized and hungry!  My first meal request:  KFC mashed potatoes (minus the gravy - doctor's orders) and a biscuit.

I'm so thankful that Honey was able to be there with me the entire time, holding my hand, asking questions (i.e. keeping tabs on the staff!), and keeping my focus on our divine purpose of helping to bring this sweet, little life into the world.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts