Week 19 #BBR bump, updates & my birthday!

{March 28, 2014} Week 19 BBR bump!

Here we are in week 19!  It's also my BIRTHDAY WEEKEND! (03/29 - actual bday!)

This week's reflections:  Today, (3/28) is the official 'gender appointment' that you hear couples talk about for weeks!  Well, if you are like us, today is a day to simply check on the baby's health...and to not see a thing on that screen! :o)

After a rough morning of heavy rain and horrific traffic, we finally made it to our appointment, which had to be scheduled at a medical office 45 minutes from our home.  We weren't the most chipper campers to say the least, but thankful we arrived (although late!)  After a pretty lengthy wait, we were taken back to the ultrasound room to see our sweet, lil' #BlessedBabyReed!  I intentionally chose not to look at the monitor at all during the visit.  Patrick (Honey) decided to look when the tech zoomed in on the head and chest.

We were informed that #BBR was measuring about a week early. :o) Our due date is August 22nd, but the tech stated to start thinking about August 12th (although they never really change your due date.)  This news was pretty exciting!  Additionally, #BBR's heart rate and weight were good-to-go!  The tech was so kind to also provide us with a photo DVD of today's images since I didn't take a peek at all. :o)

After our appointment, we hit the road for my birthday weekend trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina!  We've read in numerous articles that it's extremely important for the future parents to take time out for each and to simply get away from the work and home environments -- and that's what we did!

Our stay at the relaxing Plantation Resort was fantastic!  Our new favorite seafood spot in Myrtle Beach is the Flying Fish Market!  Some of the best crablegs you will ever eat!  But the absolute BEST birthday present this weekend was feeling #BBR move for the first time!  Honey and I were simply overjoyed to receive that sweet "Hi ya, folks!" from in the womb! I'm super focused on every little motion that comes from my belly now! :o)

The getaway was well-deserved and much-needed!  We can't wait for our next getaway which will be to Florida (twice!) later this summer. :o)









ABR & BBR Stats

Week: #19
BBR's gender:  Unknown until birth :o)
Changes in clothing:  Special thanks for my mother-in-law for racking up some great stretchy pieces for my closet!  #preggo #ootd #bbr
Any new marks?  I still haven't seen any signs of stretch marks. #thankful  My linea negra (as described in the pregnancy books) aka 'that dark belly line' has become more defined.
Navel news:  Still an outie!
Back attack:  In spurts now, depending on how active I am on a daily basis.
Slumber & sleep:  Finding that I start to sleep on my side, but when waking up to use the restroom, I've rolled on my back.  I still have yet to purchase the body pillow...
Fuel for Mommy & BBR:  Still itching for some good ol' Brunswick stew and country cookin'!  Can't wait to travel home for Easter to take it all in (literally!) I've also been on a bit of an Italian kick as well, mainly spaghetti and pizza. While on the coast, I devoured crablegs and shrimp!
Next visit to the OB:  April

Comments

Popular Posts