Daddy's trip to meet "Sunflower Seed Reed!"

{December 26th, 2014} How convenient that I was able to schedule an ultrasound visit the day after Christmas?!  Honey was thrilled to find out when I told him on Christmas Eve!  The drive to the medical office seemed super long, but we made it (maybe because P was being extra cautious - who knows!)

Honey was anxious and excited; I could see it all in his face!  We entered our room and waited to see the on-duty CNM (certified nurse midwife.)  As the visit was about to begin, I looked one last time at P.  Soon, the CNM spread the "belly jelly" on my tummy and began to look for our lil' baby.  It took a while...like, a long while (which seemed like an eternity!)  I didn't look at P at all...I knew he was just as scared as I was...what if we can't see it?  What if...?  Yep, being honest, those thoughts ran swiftly through my mind!

Finally, a glimpse!  She found our "buried treasure" so I called it!

Here's our baby's first photograph:

Meet SUNFLOWER SEED REED!
An anxious Daddy-to-be was behind the camera capturing all of the behind-the-scenes 'action!'  He took tons of pics of me, but I'll spare you all of those! 

Mommy (at peace) now that she's seen her lil' BBR!
 [It's not unusual for it to take a while to find the baby when you are so early in your pregnancy.  To the MTB (Mommy-To-Be), remember that when you go in for your initial visit.  Don't worry, don't stress...it just takes a little time!] ;o)

Comments

Popular Posts