Week 4 - "For unto us, a child is to be born!" :: Daddy proposal for my Honey!

{December 24, 2013} - Christmas Eve has arrived and I'm super nervous!  For over two weeks, my mind has been racing with ideas on how to surprise my husband and family with the news of our blessed little bundle.

Ever since our early discussions about pregnancy and children, my husband would say, "Please don't show me a pregnancy test stick to tell me you're pregnant!"  This resounded loud and clear.  Honey did such an amazing job with his proposal of marriage {take a peek at our engagement story here: http://www.theblessedbride.blogspot.com/2010/08/wowzers-im-engaged.html}, I just knew I had to make it a super special, life-long memory for him.  He's an amazing husband to me and will be an incredible father for our children; so I'd say he more than deserves it! :o)

{The big reveal} - I finally decided that I would prepare to reveal the announcement during our annual Christmas Eve dinner hosted at our Aunt Peg and Uncle Joe's home.  I figured this would be the best time in which to not only surprise Honey, but our families as well (thankfully, my parents were staying with us for Christmas this year!)

Earlier in the week, I purchased a tiny pair of Christmas socks and materials to create a shirt for him.  I wanted to incorporate the theme of "ye olde Christmas" into the announcement, so I created cute announcement scrolls using stained parchment paper and rolled them up with a ribbon for each family member.  For Honey, I revised the lyrics to one of his favorite songs, "Mary, Did You Know?" and I titled it, "Honey, Did You Know?" (I also recorded the track, but couldn't find a sneaky, secret way to play it that night!)



(*For the best video quality, here's a link to the video homepage*)


Comments

Popular Posts